"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bacteria IV




The refrigerator door handle - this one was a bit of a surprise in it's pattern of growth. The pattern looks like a pathogenic type of bacteria but looks like only one bacteria (not a mix). So perhaps the door was cleaned but someone (perhaps a
student there that day) who was sick opened the door, loaning their germs to the
rest of us.

The next part of our experiments will be testing simple antiseptics like hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, Neosporin and Iodine to see if these "kill" the bacteria we've grown so I'll be updating with new photos soon. I'm most interested in this one.

The Microwave Oven door didn't really grow much showing it had been cleaned.

Chris

No comments: