"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Putting Numbers in Perspective

I had a friend email to ask why more people she knew weren't excited that
the President had cut 17 billion from the budget (of 1 trillion dollars).
Well, I can't get excited about 1/3 of 1% myself. (And I don't know were he
cut it yet anyway - I have to go find out...).
I guess it's a start.

BUT I went to an excellent ministry training today. And I'm just not that
worried. Our Prayer leader made the comment that we needed to "look up,
not out" when things were tough. Trite saying perhaps but a very true one.

And on this day of Prayer we need to repent. And turn back to God. Get our
own houses in order and not worry about our neighbors.

Our ministry's motto is "to reach the unreached within reach" - I kinda like that.

rambling, Pax

No comments: