"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Mount St. Helens 2008





Duane just returned from a trip to Washington state. He took over 300 photos of
the Mount St. Helens area. I cannot possible post all of them so I'm having to
go through them and choose but he took a lot of good ones. This is hard. I'm definitely going to have to give in and start using Picassa.
As you can see the volcano is still smoking. I wish I had been able to go!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

That's another place I'm hoping to go visit one of these days!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

It's amazing, isn't it? Mike was flying (as in the pilot in a small plane) the day it blew.....HAD to go see. LOL

all in the family said...

I received ash from my grandparents. They lived in Seattle and got a tremendous amount not only at their house but not long after it blew, they had to go to OR for a wedding. On the way, they acidentally got lost (knowing grandpa, probably not accidentally) and ended up very close to the mountain. My parents have an Elk head on their wall. His name is "George". He was killed at Spirit Lake (adjacent to the mountain) the year I was born. He fed 5 families that winter, including many that were out of work due to seasonal jobs.