"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pumpkin Patch Part II









Jessica has a horse (her grandparents on her bio-father's side at their farm) so she has riden for some time. Riding in a ring is probably boring to her. Darcy has never been on a horse. Matthew was supposed to hold her leg. After one round she told him loudly to "Quit holding my leg, daddy!" so he let go. I don't think she's afraid of anything.

We got to the Pumpkin patch and of course most of the pumpkins are rather large.
The boys kept trying and not succeeding in picking one up. Darcy tried, looked
around, spotted the smaller ones, got one, picked it up, got back on the wagon, sat down and looked at the rest of us like, "What is taking you so long out there?"
After a few minutes she got back out of the wagon and went back to collecting small
pumpkins. We had to tell her she could only have one (we had to pay for them after
all!). She was ready to go paint her pumpkin and NO she did not want to CUT her
pumpkin thank you (Amy carved some elaborate tree in hers - it was quite artistic and I should have taken a photo of it and since I know she reads my blog - Amy send me a copy of your photo of your pumpkin please!) Darcy loves to paint. Unfortunately she will tend to paint anything so before you give her paints you must remind her WHERE the paint goes. She will sigh and say, "Paper" or yesterday "the
pumpkin" but after she had painted the pumpkin - yes, she painted herself. It never fails. She needed a bath anyway.
The twins were so exhausted by the time we got home - they had eaten some peanut
butter and jelly sandwiches on the way back - they hit their beds for a LONG nap.
We made caramel apples to finish the day.
A nice autumn day.
Chris

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a FUN day.. and carmel apples are the BEST way to finish anyday in my book!

Emily said...

I love taking the kids to the pumpkin patch. Ohhhhhhhh and carmel apples . . one of my favorite fall items!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah - another budding artist in the family. Maybe Darcy and Amy can have a joint show.

I'm dreaming of living where there are REAL pumpkin patches again. OUr local support group is a bit put out with me because I don't want to bring my kids to the local pumpkin patch....simply rows of pumpkins on the tarp at a local parking lot.....