"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Taos





Thursday and Friday Michael and Duane were bound and determined to go fishing. Now I had been to New Mexico once before - as a teenager. I had been all over the state pretty much. And I didn't remember seeing any water (except the Rio Grande and that doesn't count.) Michael assured me there was a lake in north New Mexico and we set off to find it. (It is there and man made and FULL of trout. They had a great time). Heather and I left them there and headed to nearby Taos to bond and shop. We arrived about 9 AM. The shops don't open until 10 AM. But not to worry. Kit Carson's home in right downtown Taos opened at 9 so I bought us tickets and we watched a 30 minute video on his life and toured his 3 room house (that didn't take long at all - see bottom photo for courtyard). Then we just started going store to store and having fun. After a dozen shops we quit even looking at the signs - just went in. We went in one shop though and had only been in just long enough for me to say hello to the lady behind the counter when Heather grabbed my arm and practically pulled me out of the store. I had to ask what was wrong when we got outside (I was wondering WHAT they were selling in that shop!). Seems it was a museum...not a shop at all. I think she was afraid I was going to make her see another 30 minute history video...

I found the perfect bookstore I want to own one day. Complete with cat. I only posted one "town" shot here but the whole town looks like this. GREAT town. I loved this place.
Chris

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Looks like a fun tourist town!