"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Physical Science class had our annual
bridge breaking contest yesterday.
I give the student the balsa wood and
rules (no more than 25 grams, length
and width)...everything else is pretty
much up to them. We go over the forces
involved before they begin building.
I'm always impressed..

This year's winner (it held all my weights -
about 35 pounds total - I'm going to have
to buy more lead pellets!).



And (in my opinion) the best looking
bridge of the lot:



All 8 of my students did a great job!
Pax

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I wish we lived near enough so my kids could take your class. Looks like you always make learning so fun for the kids.

Kristine said...

Hah, every time I go over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge . . . well, I don't even need to go any further. (Not that I live there either, but when I DO go over it . . . .)

I've missed you on SHS, you've not been around much.

:)