"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Friday, August 22, 2008

Prayer Requests





The Wedding was wonderful but it's now back to real life.

My mother in law sounds like she has pneumonia and I took her to
the doctor yesterday. He x-rayed her lungs and put her on a strong
antibiotic but she is coughing non-stop. At nearly 86 it doesn't take
much to make her really sick.

My dad is down to 103 pounds. I went with mother to the doctor with
him this week too (okay, so I live in doctor's offices really. I get
a lot of crossword puzzles done that way.). His Internist has taken a
"personal leave of absence". Great. So he'll be seeing "new" doctors until
he decides to come back which means they'll be guessing as to what to do.
And this isn't good. He put him on something to "pick his appetite up".
But 2 times nothing is still nothing.

Mother has now called a surgeon to discuss putting a feeding tube back in.
Frankly that is probably the best thing for him. He refuses to try to eat
so what are the options.

I babysat the Twins on Wednesday and both of them are sick (yet to hear from
what but they were running fevers). I have no immune system. Que sera.
Oh well. I pray they don't get the asthma stuff again poor babies. Jacob was
so sad - he just wanted to be held. (Jeremiah didn't act sick so it wasn't until
later that they discovered he, too, was running a fever.). I gave them both
a cookie during the day. Jeremiah ate his. Jacob just held his - all day long.

It's been a long week. But it was a beautiful wedding!

(Jeremiah - with his always present blankie; Jacob with hat; and Kittie helping me with Crossword Puzzle)

4 comments:

Diann said...

Praying for all that is going on in your life, Chris. You sound very busy taking care of everyone else. Make sure you take care of yourself too.

Jodi said...

Chris I'm praying, I agree with diann don't forget yourself in all this...I know it's not easy when everyone else needs you...go watch a veggie tales movie for a break!

OK I'll admit I read the post below too. LOL They sometimes (but not always) recomend veggie tales movies for me too and I've never rented one. We had them when the kids were little but they have kinda outgrown that stage now.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah, so sad that Jacob and Jeremiah aren't feeling well - their photos are darling. I love the kitty doing the crossword puzzle. LOL

Praying for your Dad and Mother in Law.

Anonymous said...

when do the newly weds get back?