"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Curving Space and Time








Not that I entirely understand this myself...


"The more I study science the more I believe in God."


"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."


"The deeper one penetrates into nature's secrets, the greater

becomes one's respect for God."






"I want to know how God created this world. I am

not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum

of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts, the

rest are details."


"We are in the position of a little child entering a huge

library filled with books in many different languages. The

child knows someone must have written these books.

It does not know how. It does not understand the

languages in which they are written. The child dimly

suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of

the books, but doesn't know what it is.


That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most

intelligent human being toward God. We see a Universe

marvellously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only

dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds cannot

grasp the mysterious force that moves the

constellations."


Albert Einstein




But, then as I study sometimes, I think I too should go back to
playing in mudpuddles! I understand them oh so much better than
the grand scheme of the universe.
Chris










1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Ah man - I still have little ones and my first thought is "oh, the laundry" but then my second thought is "what a doll". LOL