"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my Strength, and my Redeemer." Psalm 19:14

Whale Evolution 1

Whale Evolution 2

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

How Math Explains the World: A Guide to the Power of Numbers, from Car Repair to Modern Physics How Math Explains the World: A Guide to the Power of Numbers, from Car Repair to Modern Physics by James D. Stein


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
NOT light reading but a good read for Math/Science.

I thought it would be helpful for teaching Math next year but I have found better History of Math books. I did find a wealth of quotes I liked though and some thought provoking chapters. Of course Math doesn't explain ALL of life/the world. Like why my internet connection breaks down at the most inconvenient times or why some people dislike cats. Random things. Of course the people who want to win in Las Vegas should understand probability. And we all need to know how to balance the checkbook and pay taxes. Soon we can just send the paycheck to Washington and be done with it..

I liked the chapters on Quantum physics but I'm weird that way. Most won't like those chapters.


View all my reviews.

No comments: